This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
This spooky sensory bin is such a fun, festive activity for any of your clients. We found the creepy crawly manipulatives at the Dollar Tree and Target. Dried beans are super affordable (look for them in bulk bins for even cheaper) and last for a long time. Kids of all ages love this–let’s be honest, we love it, too!
What you’ll need
- Dump the beans in the plastic tub. The tub should be about half full.
- Hide the manipulatives in the beans.
- Use with kids working on describing skills by having them describe what they find
- Great for a break during therapy
- Pick manipulatives specific to a sound goal (you’ll notice this bin has spiders, scorpions, centipedes, and skeletons)
- Keep an eye out for little toys in the party favor section at dollar stores and Target. Target had some great $1 multi-packs of erasers, spiders, and other little Halloween prizes.
Don’t forget to check out our Halloween freebie HERE!