This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
This activity takes a little longer to create, but is so sturdy it should last a few years. Here, we used numbers that correlated with a picture card, but you could easily used colored shapes or letters, based on your client’s skill level.
What you’ll need
- A shallow cardboard box (or cut one down to size)
- green paint
- ~25 small pumpkin pictures
- ~25 popsicle sticks
- target flashcards
- Paint the cardboard box green, so it looks like a field
- Cut slits in the box the same size as the width of the popsicle sticks
- Laminate and cut out the pumpkins
- Tape or glue them to the popsicle sticks
- Write letters, numbers, or shapes (adapt to your client’s skills) on the pumpkins and the cards. Each card should have an accompanying pumpkin.
- Push the sticks into the cardboard box
- Have your client pull a pumpkin from the patch and match it with a card
- Continue until all the pumpkins have been picked from the patch!