This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
If you live near a Dollar Tree (or any dollar store), go pick up dog bowls today! Alex had this genius idea of using “dog bones” and the bowls for a quick articulation game. This game is so much fun and the kids LOVE it.
What you’ll need:
- This printable (click HERE)
- Scissors/paper cutter
- Other flashcards if you aren’t working on /k/
- Dog bowls (optional)
- Print out the bones and board game (full color or B&W available).
- Cut out the bones like flashcards, or separate from the pictures, your choice.
- Print out the spinner, pawns, and dog bowl (all optional based on what you already have).
- Cut them out. Fold the pawns in half. Cut a slit in the dog bowl for the bones to fit in.
- Laminate the board game and flashcards.
- From here, you can choose how to play the board game. A spinner is included, but you can use a die, a coin, whatever. Or you may choose to not use the board game and hide the cards around the room. It can be very open-ended!
That’s really about it! Pretty simple and you can use it with all types of clients. If you have a few minutes to laminate it, it’s prepped for every time after.
We love to see how you SLP. Tag us on instagram @the_speech_girls